Damien "Joey" Joseph Kam

Damien "Joey" Joseph Kam
February 11, 1965 - August 28, 2009

Honoring the great Memories...

Damien's Memorial Plaque was installed January 16, 2010. It is located in the Garden of Reflection Memorial Book. Inquire at the mortuary office if you are not sure of the location, and they will give you directions.



Pacific View Memorial Park
3500 Pacific View Drive,
Corona Del Mar, Ca 92625

Directions




One day we'll disappear together in a dream

However short or long our lives are going to be

I will live in you or you will live in me

Until we disappear together in a dream

~Wilco~

Damien's Memorial Plaque

Damien's Memorial Plaque

COLIN'S COLLEGE FUND

If you would like to contribute to Colin's College Fund in Damien's Memory:





Send a check to:



College Savings Iowa


P.O. Box 55119

Boston, MA 02205-5119



Reference #450079529-01 on the check






Or if you use Online Bill Pay you can issue a check as referenced above.







For more information regarding this type of account please visit: https://collegesavingsiowa.s.upromise.com/



A special thanks to Judy, Cyndie's Cousin, for putting together Colin's college fund.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Celebrating Damien's Birthday ...



Today was Damien's Birthday ... he would have been 45, although most people thought he was closer to 35. He had that young look about him ;)


It felt really weird today ... mostly sad & empty. For Damien's Birthday, I would always make him my homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, which he got to eat all by himself (ok, maybe he would share a piece or two with me!). It was his favorite, and he would be happy to just have that. Then I would make him dinner, or we would go out to a favorite restaurant. We would always get together with Richard & Angela (and sometimes a few other friends) for dinner, usually on the weekend. Sometimes there was a party at the house. We always had so much fun!

I really didn't know what to do this year. My mom came over, and I took her & Colin over to the cemetery, where we put some flowers by Damien's plaque ... I put some orchids since they were always his favorite. We then went to have lunch @ Champagnes, where Damien would sometimes go for lunch during the work week. I picked up a piece of carrot cake there to bring home. Seemed like the thing to do. I ate most of it and put a small piece by his ashes. I also put some more orchids there. I just thought that's what he'd like the most.

I also received a lot of kind messages/emails/phone calls from friends, which means a lot to me. Thank you all for looking out after Colin & me.

This weekend we'll be going over to Richard & Angela's to go out to eat for Damien's Birthday/Valentines Day. I think he'd be happy to know that we were still getting together to celebrate, the same way we always have for each of our birthdays :o) A strange & sad day, but I somehow got through it. Hopefully I'll get some sleep. Tomorrow is waiting for me ...




a beautiful view



Colin by the waterfall



My Mom by Damien's plaque



Mama & Colin




Flowers for Dada



No comments: