Damien "Joey" Joseph Kam

Damien "Joey" Joseph Kam
February 11, 1965 - August 28, 2009

Honoring the great Memories...

Damien's Memorial Plaque was installed January 16, 2010. It is located in the Garden of Reflection Memorial Book. Inquire at the mortuary office if you are not sure of the location, and they will give you directions.



Pacific View Memorial Park
3500 Pacific View Drive,
Corona Del Mar, Ca 92625

Directions




One day we'll disappear together in a dream

However short or long our lives are going to be

I will live in you or you will live in me

Until we disappear together in a dream

~Wilco~

Damien's Memorial Plaque

Damien's Memorial Plaque

COLIN'S COLLEGE FUND

If you would like to contribute to Colin's College Fund in Damien's Memory:





Send a check to:



College Savings Iowa


P.O. Box 55119

Boston, MA 02205-5119



Reference #450079529-01 on the check






Or if you use Online Bill Pay you can issue a check as referenced above.







For more information regarding this type of account please visit: https://collegesavingsiowa.s.upromise.com/



A special thanks to Judy, Cyndie's Cousin, for putting together Colin's college fund.

Friday, November 6, 2009

I'd like to give thanks ...

So it's been 10 weeks today since Damien left us. It seems so long ago since I last saw him or spoke to him. Sometimes I'm afraid that I'll forget certain things about him ... like the sound of his voice, the feeling of holding his hand, the details of his face. It's scary. I can still hardly believe that he is no longer here.



But one thing I know for sure is that he is present and that he is so grateful that everyone has taken such good care of me. So at this 10 week mark, I wanted to take the time to thank everyone for all that they've done ...



For all the phone calls to make sure that I'm doing OK



For all the food that has filled our pantry, fridge, and freezer



For all the diapers, wipes, food, and other necessities for the baby



For all the cat food, litter, treats, and attention to my other "kids" to make sure they are OK too



For all the visits to our home, to talk, laugh, cry, share stories, or just simply to "be here" for me



For all the cleaning of our home ... sweeping, dishes, laundry, scrubbing, and general picking up of stuff



For making all the phone calls that I couldn't



For stealing me away from the house for a while, just to get out



For the flowers & cards that filled our home



For watching & entertaining Colin so I could get things done



For helping me make the difficult decisions



For the advice & suggestions



For jumping in and helping out whenever needed



For taking care of things without hesitation



For the endless love & support from family & friends, as well as complete strangers who have reached out to me



And most of all, to everyone who came to Damien's Memorial Service, who travelled from near and far, who filled the chapel beyond capacity to say goodbye to a wonderful man ... I am forever grateful & truly thankful ... my heart was filled by all the people who loved Damien & who considered him a friend.



And a special Thank You to my dear friend Denise X, who started this blog in memory of Damien, as a place I can continue to share memories with everyone, and write of the journey I now embark on ... what a wonderful thing for Colin to be able to read one day



And especially to Linda (my sis), Richard, and Angela, who were there with me (and Damien) that night



Thank you all so very much!


No comments: